Celebrate with us the 120th anniversary of PAHO and PAHO’s cooperation in health with Spain!
Dra Carissa F. Etienne, Director of the Pan American Health Organization/World Health Organization, and Ambassador Carmen Montón, Permanent Observer of Spain to the Organization of American States (OAS) invite you to l virtual event of the 120th anniversary of PAHO and Cooperation of Spain.
When: May 3, 2022
Weather: 10:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. (EDT).
The purpose of this event is to celebrate the historical and current collaboration of Spain, as one of PAHO’s most outstanding partners, for its contribution to achieving advances in public health in the Americas. .
The event will be streamed live on the PAHO YouTube channel at www.youtube.com/PAHOTV
The event will be held in Spanish (no translation services will be provided)
(Virtual event in Spanish)
Tuesday May 3, 2022 / 10 a.m. – 12 p.m. (EDT)
10:00 a.m. – Opening speech
- Dr. Carissa Etienne, Director of PAHO (5 min)
- Ambassador Dr. Carmen Montón, Permanent Observer Mission of Spain to the OAS (5 min)
10:10 a.m. – Spain’s collaboration with PAHO
- Dr. Jarbas Barbosa, Deputy Director of PAHO (10 min)
10:20 a.m. – Spain’s priorities for cooperation in the Americas
- Mrs. Pilar Cancela, Secretary of State for International Cooperation (15 min)
10:35 a.m. – Collaboration with the Spanish Agency for International Development Cooperation (AECID) in strengthening health systems in Paraguay
- Representative of the Ministry of Health of Paraguay (name and function to be confirmed) (10 min)
10:45 a.m. – Collaboration with the Andalusian Agency for International Development Cooperation (AACID) in the prevention of teenage pregnancy in Honduras and the Dominican Republic
- Representative of the Honduran Ministry of Health (name and position to be confirmed) (10 min)
- Ms. Monika Carrión, Comprehensive Adolescent Care Program, Dominican Republic Ministry of Public Health (10 min)
11:05 Collaboration in the donation of vaccines against COVID-19
- Mr. Borja Luis Cabezón Royo, Ambassador on Special Mission for the COVID-19 Crisis and Global Health (10 min)
- Dr Ana Elena Chevez, PAHO Revolving Fund (10 min)
11:25 a.m. – Debate (20 mins)
11:45 a.m. Closing (15 mins)
- Ambassador Mr. Roberto Quesada, Permanent Representative, Mission of Honduras to the OAS (to be confirmed) (5 min)
- Mr. Raúl Mariano Martínez Villalba, Acting Representative, Mission of Paraguay to the OAS (to be confirmed) (5 min)
- Ambassador Mr. Josué Fiallo, Permanent Representative, Mission of the Dominican Republic to the OAS (to be confirmed) (5 min)